Saturday, August 25, 2007

Eeeek! (Imagine the big crescendo of Carmina Burana)

Alas! Gasp! Fear and terror! My grandma is here!

Nah, I love her to pieces, but she's just . . . Grandma. She's my dad's mom, and she's just so much against everything I am, it's ridiculous. She's closed-minded, chauvinistic and delightfully ignorant, like she can't be held accountable for anything, simply because she's - ah! - a woman!

But I'm being unfair. She can't help it; she was born in a whole different era. Her Grandmother was actually one of the last taĆ­no natives in town. And Grandma is really smart and funny, it's just this weird circumstance she's always acting out.

Sigh

But, that's Grandma. A near-chain-smoker all her life, she causes me allergies and annoyances, but then she always makes me laugh and have a good time (mostly). I'm always kicked out of my room . . . Boo!

Anyhoo, see you later. Ciao, baby!

No comments: